Sunday, 2 June 2013
Blog #19: Important Skill- Voicing My Opinion
This course has taught me so many skills that can be used in and outside the classroom this year through out all the topics we've covered. I feel that the most important skill this course has taught me is voicing my opinion. Learning about such sensitive topics such as poverty, water shortage, abortion, sexualization and so on, it becomes very apparent as a student as to what your true opinion on the topic is. In fact it started to become more and more natural realizing which side I was on for debates and why. In doing this, it then became easier to voice my opinion on the topic and to support it with my reasons as to why with the push of some confidence. Being able to voice your opinion is a very important life skill to have in my opinion, because it can benefit you in so many ways such as: standing up for yourself, helping others, helping global issues become known, educating others on an issue, etc. Another thing voicing my opinion could strongly help me in is the fact that I want to be a lawyer when I am older! I think that this skill would definitely benefit me drastically when being a lawyer because it is necessary that you are able to voice your opinion in court.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment