Sunday, 2 June 2013

Blog #18: Motivation

This entire year of World Issues has taught me a lot and helped me grow as a person in many ways. This course can positively affect so many people in so many different ways, through all of the general themes it covers inspiring us as students to make a difference in this world. I feel that the main theme of this course would be motivation. Every topic we covered, whether it be a tragic shooting or the rate of poverty over these years, all motivate each one of us to make a difference and a positive change. For example, being a girl, learning about sexualization and the negative impact it has had on mainly girls around our world, but even guys really shocked me and made me want to make a change. Its shocking how society can change over the years so drastically, from respecting the population of women entirely to making them feel so degraded and disrespected through the media. This is one issue I found myself to be very passionate about, especially being a woman myself. Another issue I found myself very passionate about, motivating me to make a change, was poverty. I find it very unfair that being born into the wrong country around the world, or the wrong family can so easily alter someones well being and wealth for the rest of their life. I think it is also unfair that there are many wealthy countries such as Canada and the United States that waste money on such materialistic things to develop our technology even further than it has to be, when we could be using this money to help out third world countries that don't have the money to help themselves. All in all, every topic we learned about this year, motivated me to make a change in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment