Monday, 15 October 2012
Blog Post #3- American Election
If I were an American voting for my president, I would be voting for Mitt Romney. Ever since Barack Obama became president about 4 years ago, the living standards for the average American have fallen. Poverty is becoming a more serious issue as the years pass and the gap between rich and poor is becoming greater. Facts show that the last American president to win an election with the unemployment rate above 8% was Frankin Roosevelt. This election is persuaded greatly by the economy. If this election is about the economy then Mitt Romney should win! Facts also say that the last time Americans felt this gloomy having Barack Obama as their president, was in 1992 when Bill Clinton won. However Obama is ahead when it comes to health care and national security. I think America needs something new and fresh. They need new hands working on their economy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I disagree with this post largely because I would vote for the opposing side, Barack Obama. I feel that people may place blame on Barack Obama for the current slow economy in the United States; however, he started off his running with a large hole to dig himself out of, and thus, cannot be blamed for these economic issues. I feel that Barack Obama is on the right track to digging America out of this hole, and that he's the best candidate for social reasons too. For example, I prefer his stand on medicare and abortion rights.
ReplyDelete